About this guide
Welcome to the 2014 Fall Career & Internship Fair!
No preregistration is necessary.
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, September 18, 2014
11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Location: XFINITY Center (formerly Comcast Center)
This annual event provides Terps an opportunity to meet face-to-face with employers to discuss internship, full-time and part-time employment opportunities.
Dress professionally and bring multiple copies of resumes.
EMPLOYERS DIFFER DAILY:
Each day will have employers looking to fill both tech and non-tech positions. All employers will be grouped by whether they're hiring for tech, non-tech, or both. Plan ahead to see what day(s) specific employers are attending.
WHO CAN ATTEND:
- Current Terps and their spouses;
- Alumni and spouses;
- Faculty/Staff and spouses; and
- UMD students studying at other campuses but participating in UMCP programs
No other individuals (including students at other UMD system schools) will be admitted to this event.
Shuttle buses are provided to XFINITY Center from 10:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Buses will run on continuous loops - each stop will be served every 15 minutes (the union stop may be served more frequently).
The three routes are
- Bus A - XFINITY, Denton Hall, Courtyards (at the bus stop near building #500), XFINITY
- Bus B - XFINITY, Montgomery Hall, Mowatt Garage/Commons (D-shaped driveway at Shuttle-UM stop near garage entrance), XFINITY
- Bus C - XFINITY, Stamp, XFINITY
PREPARING FOR THE FAIR:
Learn how to put your best foot forward at www.careers.umd.edu/FairPrep.
REQUESTING ACCESSIBILITY ACCOMODATIONS:
Please contact Leila Green at the University Career Center & The President's Promise (email@example.com) by September 8th if you require accessibility accommodations for this event.
For additional information contact the University Career Center & The President's Promise at firstname.lastname@example.org