About this guide
IEEE GLOBECOM 2016, the premier international event dedicated to driving innovations and technological breakthroughs in nearly every aspect of communications, will hold its 59th annual event from 4-8 December at the Washington Hilton in downtown DC. Themed “Freedom through Communications," the program will feature over 1,500 presentations exploring next generation advancements in broadband, wireless, multimedia, Internet, image and voice communications.
IEEE GLOBECOM 2016 Badges
IEEE GLOBECOM 2016 Badges must be worn at all times and are necessary for entrance into all IEEE GLOBECOM sessions and events. Badges will be checked at the entrance to ensure eligibility.
The Washington Hilton is designated as the conference hotel for IEEE GLOBECOM 2016. Program Sessions, Keynotes, Registration, Exhibition, Social Events and Committee Meetings will be held at the Washington Hilton.
Conference Registration will take place in the International Terrace on the Terrace Level. All attendees and accompanying guests must register and receive a conference badge in order to participate in conference activities. Photo ID is required. Individuals are responsible for picking up their own Registration packages. No attendee will be allowed to pick up bags for their colleagues.
Saturday, 3 December 17:00 – 20:00
Sunday, 4 December 07:00 – 19:00
Monday, 5 December 07:00 – 19:00
Tuesday, 6 December 07:30 – 19:00
Wednesday, 7 December 07:30 – 17:00
Thursday, 8 December 07:30 – 14:00
Food and Beverage
Full registration includes one ticket to both the Awards Luncheon and Conference Banquet.
Additional tickets for the Awards Luncheon and Conference Banquet may be purchased at the registration desk.
Coffee will be provided to Tutorial and Workshop attendees on Sunday and Thursday in the foyer area of the Concourse Ballroom.
Lunch will be provided to Workshop attendees only on Sunday and Thursday in the foyer area of the Conncourse Ballroom.
The conference will offer free wireless access. The conference venue will be equipped with wireless access points.
Login: hhonors meeting network
Exhibition 2016 is located in the Columbia West - Terrace Level.
Sunday, 4 December, 19:00 – 21:00
Monday, 5 December, 10:00 – 17:00
Tuesday, 6 December, 10:00 – 17:00
Wednesday, 7 December, 10:00 – 14:00
Networking breaks will be held in the Columbia West, Terrace Level on Monday, 5 December from 10:45 – 11:15 and 16:00 – 16:30; Tuesday, 6 December from 10:30 – 11:00 and 15:30 – 16:00; and Wednesday, 7 December from 10:30 – 11:00. On Wednesday afternoon, the 15:30 – 16:00 break will be in the International Terrace Foyer. Don't miss the opportunity to network and win special prizes. (You must be present to win.)
Speaker Ready Room
The Room A on the Terrace Level has been designated as the Speaker Ready Room. The room is available Sunday – Thursday from 07:00 – 17:00 for any presenters who wish to rehearse and prepare for their presentations.
Student Travel Grants
Student Travel Grant Recipients can pick up their certificates at the Registration Desk during registration hours.
FedEx is located on the Terrace level
- Monday – Friday: 07:00 – 19:00, Saturday: 09:00 – 15:00
- Phone: +1 202-986-4806
- Self-service computer stations are available 24 hours with guest room key access.
All conference sessions and publications will be in English.
Please be cognizant and respectful of your fellow conference attendees and speakers. During sessions, please lower the volume on your electronic devices and put your phones on vibrate mode.
The overall conference evaluation will be emailed to all attendees on the last day of the conference. Please take the time to fill out the evaluation. We value your feedback.
Tutorial and Workshop Materials
Tutorial materials will be available for download using a link provided by the tutorial speaker. Workshop materials will be available online. Workshop registrants will be emailed the access information.
Maps and brochures are available at the concierge desk at the Hilton.
The estimated temperature in December is 50 °F (High) – 33 °F (Low).
Standard Time Zone is Eastern Standard Time
1) Self-parking at Washington Hilton (open 24 hours) - $43 per day cash or credit card Valet Parking at the Washington Hilton (open 24 hours) - $51 per day cash or credit card Ceiling height 6'4". Entrance located on 19th Street ONLY. Driving northbound on Connecticut Avenue, turn right on Florida Avenue, then left on 19th Street. Garage entrance on left. Overnight guests $43.
2) Self-parking at Universal North Parking Garage - $18 per day prepay, cash or credit card No overnight parking. Open Mon-Fri, 07:00 – 19:00. Ceiling height 5'7". Entrance at 2010 T Street (across from Hilton Ballroom Entrance on T Street).
3) Self-parking at Universal South Parking Garage - $18 per day prepay, cash or credit card No overnight parking. Open Mon-Sat, 07:00 – 00:00 and Sun 16:00 – 00:00. Ceiling height 6'2". Entrance at 2005 Florida Avenue close to Rite Aid Pharmacy.
The DuPont Circle metro station on the red line is located 4 blocks from the hotel. The U Street station on the green and yellow line is located 7 blocks from the hotel.
Walking from Metro:
From DuPont Circle Metro Station (Red Line): Exit at the north end of the station to Q Street and walk four blocks north on Connecticut Avenue. The Hotel will be located on the right side of Connecticut Avenue.
From U Street Metro Station (Green Line): Exit at the 13th street entrance, stay to the left on U street, which will turn into Florida Avenue, make right onto T Street, the Hotel will be located on the right side of Connecticut Avenue.
Attendance at, or participation in, any IEEE conference constitutes consent to the use and distribution by IEEE of the attendee's image or voice for informational, publicity, promotional and/or reporting purposes in print or electronic communications media.
Video recording by participants and other attendees during any portion of the conference is not allowed without special prior written permission of IEEE.
Photographs of copyrighted PowerPoint or other slides are for personal use only and are not to be reproduced or distributed. Do not photograph any such images that are labeled as confidential and/or proprietary.
In case of an emergency, the hotel security department will communicate with guest.
- Hotel internal emergency phone: Dial #60 from any house phone
- Hotel internal non-emergency phone: Dial #65 from any house phone EVACUATION / FIRE
- The guest fire evacuation notice is displayed in all guest rooms.
- There are 4 emergency exit stairwells located on the guest floors.
- The sound of the fire alarm is Siren & Announcement.
- Pull Station/Break glass call points are clearly identified throughout the hotel and are operated by Pulling the Lever
- The main fire Assembly Point is located outside the Lobby & Terrace Level entrances. Everyone is asked to exit via the nearest exit.
- In case a fire alarm is activated while you are in a meeting room or Ballroom, evacuate via the nearest exit.
- Once the fire department gives the “All Clear," all guests will be asked to return back into the building by hotel staff.
- A separate procedure for assisting identified disabled guests in the event of emergency evacuation is in place.
- In case of a medical emergency, call # 60 from any hotel house phone.
- If you happen to dial 911 on your own, please call #60 as well to inform the hotel about the emergency.
- Nearest hospital: George Washington University Hospital 900 23rd St., NW Washington, DC 20037 (202) 715-4000
- Nearest fire station: DCFD Engine 9 1617 U Street, NW Washington, DC 20009
- Nearest police station Third District Station 1620 V St., NW Washington, DC 20009 (202) 673-6815
Attendees with Children
Children are not permitted entry into session rooms. Children under the age of 18 are not permitted on the Exhibit Hall floor during setup or dismantling hours. During scheduled show hours, exceptions are made when parents or guardians complete and sign a Minor Release Form. This form will be available at Attendee Registration Assistance in the Registration Area. Parents or guardians must complete and sign the Minor Release Form to allow children access to the Exhibits and Poster Hall. Your support and compliance are greatly appreciated.The release forms will be provided by staff and will be available at the registration desk.
Accessibility Statement | Nondiscrimination Policy | Privacy & Opting Out of Cookies |
End User License Agreements for: Android , iOS and Windows
© 2016 IEEE Terms