About this guide
From the PresidentGreetings Fellow Denver Chapter Members,
As the end of the year is rapidly approaching, please do not forget to submit your CPE and renew your membership by the December 31. You can report our CPE and renew your membership by logging onto the ISACA website and your status is displayed on the first web page after you log on. As an ISACA member, you belong to a community of professionals that share mutual goals, interests and commitments. If you are like me, I appreciate the CPE and networking opportunities that the Denver Chapter has afforded me over the years—there are times when it is nice to get out of the office without phone calls and emails!
In the spirit of the holiday season, I would like to acknowledge RSA for their generous contribution and to welcome them formally as the Denver Chapter's first Annual Sponsor.
I would also like to thank Don Mapes for continuing to lead the Chapter's outreach to middle and high school students in Colorado. Don has volunteered his time to be a mentor for the Castle View High School Computer Club and continues his work with the CyberTech Girls program. As a member of the Denver Chapter, please help young people in our community by:
- When you have an opportunity, talking with school age children to promote interest in Cybersecurity/IT as well as the CyberPatriot competition.
- Volunteering to help your local school's technology programs.
- Identifying and communicating opportunities to provide kids with face time/exposure to the IT Security Community here in Colorado.
- Volunteer to be a CISA and/or CISM instructor for the Spring 2018 training sessions. This especially applies to our newest members who passed the CISA (100% pass rate). Contact Helen Zell for more information.
- Volunteer to help with the Rocky Mountain Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition on March 9-10, 2018. Contact Dan Likarish for more information email@example.com
- Volunteer to assist in staffing booths at ISACA sponsored events, like RMISC. Contact Kaysi Veatch for more information.
- Submit a paper by January 28, 2018 for the RMISC or encourage your firm to be a sponsor. www.rmisc.org
The Call for Papers and Early-Bird Registration for the 2018 RMISCis open at https://www.rmisc.org/.
“We spend our time searching for security and hate it when we get it.” - John Steinbeck
Rick Lucy, Chapter President
About Us - Information on the ISACA Denver Chapter