About this guide
Sessions will include:
- Opening and Closing Kodaly sessions with Georgia Newlin
- Hearing the Notes on the Page: How to Help Kids Make Sense of Music Notation (Heather Shouldice)
- An "Orfully" Spooky Halloween (Jessica Bagnall)
- Recorders (Amy Fenton)
- Elementary Choral Reading Session (Brooke Broughton)
- Lesson Plan Share Corner (Denise Lewis)
- Folk Dancing (Rosalia Schultz)
- Vocal Development in Young Children (Stephanie Schall-Brazee)
- Composition in Elementary Music Classroom (Roger Sams)
Lunch will be provided and included in the registration fee. You may register on-site the day of the workshop for an increased fee; however, pre-registration is appreciated in order to ensure an accurate lunch count. Check-in and on-site registration will begin at 8:30 AM. Detailed schedule and session descriptions to come!
Many thanks to our sponsors: JW Pepper, Meyer Music, and Music is Elementary.
This event is also made possible through a grant from the Michigan Council for Arts & Cultural Affairs, and the National Endowment for the Arts.
For questions or more information, contact Holly Olszewski at email@example.com.
State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCHECHs) will be offered through the Michigan Department of Education.
Registration available on the MMEA Website.
Check back regularly for updates to this guide!