About this guide
Welcome to “Celebrating the Past, Present & Future”
2014 New Jersey History and Historic Preservation Conference
The conference is co-hosted by the NJ Historic Trust, NJ Historic Commission, NJ Historic Preservation Office, and the Common Wealth of New Jersey.
The conference kicks off on June 4 when the Advocates of New Jersey History host its annual Opening Reception at Historic Thompson Park in Lincroft.
Highlights from this year’s conference program:
- Opening Keynote Speaker Ned Kaufman, author of Place Race and Story, Essays on the Past and Future of Historic Preservation
- Closing Plenary Speaker John Durel, consultant to museum and cultural organizations and author of Building a Sustainable Nonprofit Organization
- Two special educational tracks for Heritage Tourism and Disaster Recovery
- Choice of three field workshops to explore Sandy recovery efforts, the architecture and reuse options for Bell Labs, or the history and innovation of Camp Evans military site
- 17 classroom sessions for nonprofit and museum managers, planners, historians, municipal and county officials, archaeologists, architects, historic preservation commissioners and preservation professionals
The conference is pursuing continuing education credits for select sessions for AIA, AICP and ASLA.
Follow the Conference Twitter account: @NJHistPresConf