About this guide
- Tutorial Days: Wednesday March 7 & Thursday March 8.Learn something new and relevant in intensive 3-hour sessions. The evenings are free for socializing and Open Space.
- Conference Days: Friday March 9 through Sunday March 11.See what's going on in the Python world, meet your fellow Pythonistas, share your knowledge and experience, make contacts, brainstorm projects, discuss prospects... the sky's the limit.
- Scheduled talks will happen in the ballrooms. 5 tracks of talks and panels on a wide variety of topics will be presented, with something for everyone. Also we'll have keynote talks every day.
- Open Space sessions: PyCon features dedicated conference rooms for attendees to schedule informal presentations or discussions. These rooms are open space to let you customize your experience at PyCon to match your specific interests. These are available for the duration of the conference days.An unconference in parallel with the scheduled talks.
- Lightning talks: Quick, fun, five-minute talks on almost any topic. Want to give a lightning talk at PyCon? Just sign up at the conference.
- Poster Session: Poster sessions are a dedicated expo of PyCon community members sharing their work in the format of a large graphic poster presentation. Presenters are on hand to describe and discuss their discoveries, creations, and projects with the PyCon attendees.
- Expo Hall: Meet with representatives of companies using Python, supporting Python, and hiring Pythonistas. Snag some swag! Many sponsors will be recruiting, so come prepared with business cards and resumes if you're in the job market.And don't forget the hallway track!
- Development Sprints: Monday March 12 through Thursday March 15.Help advance your favorite project, including Python itself! We provide the space and the infrastructure (network, power, tables & chairs), you provide the enthusiasm and the brainpower. All experience levels welcome. The sprints are free!
- Summits: In addition, there are two invitation-only summits scheduled during the tutorials which will bring developers of the various implementations together to discuss technology and strategies: the Python Language Summit and the new Python Web Development Summit.