About this guide
This conference is the first joint meeting between the Seismological Society of America (SSA) and the Latin American and Caribbean Seismological Commission (LACSC).
LACSCLACSC is one of four Regional Commissions of the International Association of Seismology and Physics of the Earth Interior ( IASPEI). IASPEI is one of eight International Associations of the International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics (IUGG).
Victor A. Huérfano
University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez
SSAFounded in 1906 in San Francisco, SSA is an international non-profit scientific society with members throughout the world representing a variety of technical interests: seismologists and other geophysicists, geologists, engineers, insurers and policy-makers in preparedness and safety.
U.S. Geological Survey
SSA President, 2017-18
U.C. San Diego
SSA President, 2018-19
Seismological Society of America
Seismology of the Americas Program Committee
- Carol S. Prentice, Co-Chair
- United States Geological Survey
- Elizabeth A. Vanacore, Co-Chair
- University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez
- Sergio Barrientos
- University of Chile
- Christa G. von Hillebrandt-Andrade
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Xyoli Pérez Campos
- National Autonomous University of Mexico
- Mario C. Ruiz
- Instituto Geofisico Escuela Politecnica Nacional, Ecuador