The U of T hub on Ten Thousand Coffees is the digital tool that links U of T students (or recent grads) with alumni over coffee, by phone or online. U of T alumni have a lot in common and much to share!
How it Works
- Sign-up for Ten Thousand Coffees using your LinkedIn account or build a profile from scratch and then join the U of T hub
- Students and young alumni search the hub using customized filters to find U of T alumni in careers they're curious about based on information in alumni profiles
- Once they find the right alum, they can invite them for a conversation over coffee or arrange to speak to them online or by phone
- Once a month the hub may also make auto introductions based on areas of mutual interest (optional starting in January 2018)
- Unlike LinkedIn, Ten Thousand Coffees is all about meeting new people. There's no level of connection required to message someone, and users can turn their discoverability on and off to avoid invitations when required.
Tags: assistance, guidance, advice, tips, network, graduated, alumni, future