Ms. Lightheart holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Emergency Management from Jacksonville State University. She is a Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) through IAEM and the state of Mississippi.
Since October 2016, Ms. Lightheart has served as Chair of the IAEM-USA Faith-Based Organizations Caucus. Prior to this position she served as the Chair of the IAEM-USA Strategic Planning Committee (2013-2016).
Since 2015, Ms. Lightheart has been employed as the Director of Disaster Services for The Salvation Army Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi Division. She also, currently serves as the Vice President for the Mississippi Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster and as an Assessor with the Emergency Management Accreditation Program (EMAP).
Prior to these positions Ms. Lightheart served in the following roles: Director of Preparedness (Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) (2012-2014), Hurricane Program Manager- MEMA (2011-2012), Senior All-Hazards Planner, Mississippi State Department of Health (2008-2011), Emergency Services Manager, American Red Cross Central Mississippi Chapter (2006-2008).
Ms. Lightheart is an active member of the following associations:
- International Association of Emergency Managers
- Mississippi Civil Defense/Emergency Managers Association
- FBI Jackson Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- Epsilon Pi Phi Emergency Management Honor Society
She has received the following awards and recognitions:
- Certified Emergency Manager (CEM)
- Mississippi Emergency Management Agency Directors Award of Excellence
- Mississippi Emergency Management Agency Directors Certificate of Appreciation
- American Red Cross Volunteer Certificate of Appreciation
- Epsilon Pi Phi Membership
- Mississippi Certified Emergency Manager (MCEM)
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society