Well organized, process oriented, able to multi-task, good analytical ability, self-disciplined and resourceful. Proactive instructional, verbal and written communication skills, including active listening skills. Professionally experienced in developing and executing long-term strategies and objectives to meet established goals. Committed to outstanding service to coworkers and meeting the needs of the target audience. Completed all current NIMS required courses in addition to the Illinois Professional Emergency Manager Program.
Experience with the following:
- 30 years classroom teaching covering management and emergency management related curriculum
- Developed and implemented multi-year emergency management related curriculum development/revision working groups
- Completed a wide variety of courses thru the National and Rural Domestic Preparedness Consortiums and the Illinois Fire Service Institute
- 17 years developing and managing the only state-wide emergency management conference targeting all first responders
- 19 years developing and managing state-wide emergency management certification programs for first responders
- 30 years developing training program budgets and grant applications
- 30 years developing and implementing training programs/workshops with other state and Federal agencies
- 15 years developing and mentoring regionally based training staff hired after 9-11.
- Developed the initial process for jurisdictions in Illinois to demonstrate NIMS compliance
- 8 years assisting with the management of the State of Illinois-Emergency Operations Center to provide assistance to local jurisdictions during times of disaster
- Providing direct on-site assistance to jurisdictions throughout Illinois during times of disaster