Guest Autograph Sessions at Anime Central are handled by an autograph ticketing system. Autograph tickets are free of charge; however, they will be handed out on a first come, first serve basis as outlined in the below policy.
- Anime Central does not guarantee that you will get an autograph and/or sketch from a particular guest.
- Guests reserve the right to decline any autograph related service. This may include sketches, pictures, bootleg items, inappropriate pictures, body parts, etc.
- Do not attempt to have bootlegged items autographed. Our guests know which items are legitimate and which are not. Some guests may have official merchandise available for purchase. If you have any questions about an item you want autographed, please ask the Autograph Area Staff.
- You may request sketches or photographs with guests, but only with permission, and time permitting. Some guests may have more restrictive policies. For example, charging for sketches or photos or no sketches or photos at all.
- Please avoid lengthy conversations with guests during autograph sessions.
- Please keep the lines moving. Be considerate of other attendees and their wish to get autographs too.
- In order to ensure the safety of you and your fellow attendees we ask that you maintain order while in line and lining up. If you are found violating this, you will be removed from the autograph line and your membership will be up for review.
- Autograph lines may be terminated at any point to keep events on schedule. Lines form quickly and may be lengthy, so plan ahead for long lines.
- Times and locations for autograph sessions may change without prior notice. Changes in schedules are updated on our Guidebook schedule and posted at Customer Service in the Hyatt and the Convention Center.
These policies are subject to change at any time during the convention, as determined by Autograph Area staff.
Getting an Autograph Ticket
Guests will typically have at least 2 autograph sessions throughout the weekend. You'll first want to download our schedule through the Guidebook app when it's launched to check the autograph session times of your favorite guests. If you are unable to download our schedule through the Guidebook app, printed schedules will be available at the convention.
Be advised that changes to the autograph session schedule may occur. We will push updates to the schedule as they occur through the Guidebook app, and post changes at our Customer Service locations in the convention center and hotel.
The autograph tickets are distributed at autograph booths that will be located within the Registration Hall inside the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. Tickets are distributed on the following schedule based on the time of a guest's autograph session. You will be required to have your Anime Central Badge on your person to pick up an autograph ticket and your badge must be valid for the day the autograph session is to be held.
Ticket distribution times and which tickets are given out in any particular session, are subject to change with or without notice.
- For each time through the line, you will be allowed to select one (1) available autograph ticket.
- Tickets for Friday Autographs that start before 1:30p open Thursday @6:30p
- Tickets for Friday Autographs that start after 1:30p open Friday @11:00a
- Tickets for Saturday Autographs that start before 1:30p open Friday @ 6:30p
- Tickets for Saturday Autographs that start after 1:30p open Saturday @11:00a
- Tickets for Sunday Autographs that start before 1:30p open Saturday @ 6:30p
- Tickets for Sunday Autographs that start after 1:30p open @11:00a
There is a standby queue in the autographs area for people who did not get a ticket. Standby ticket holders are not guaranteed autographs but will have a chance to receive autographs at the discretion of the Guest of Honor they are waiting for if time allows. Standby line will be capped.
The Autograph Session
Be sure to bring an item to be signed, whether it's an ACen program book or officially licensed merchandise. All items are subject to the guest's approval. Some guests may provide an item such as a poster to be signed, but this is not guaranteed. All items must be properly licensed. If you're not sure if the item you have is OK, stop by the vendor hall first and pick something up from one of our many Industry partners!
- Head to the Autograph area at the time listed for your autograph session. The earliest you can join the line for your signing is 30 minutes prior to the event.
- Please have your ticket ready for the staffer at the queue entrance, they can help to direct you to the appropriate queue to enter.
Numbers on tickets do not correspond to your place in line.
It is recommended you show up on time for your ticketed autograph session. If you are not in line at the time of the autograph session you have a ticket for, and we move to the standby autograph line you will need to join into the standby line if there is room.