The GS New Student Orientation Program (NSOP) is mandatory for all entering GS students. GS NSOP includes a series of extended events that provide an introduction to the stimulating intellectual and social environment at Columbia, as well as the abundant resources available at GS and the University. One of the primary goals of Orientation is to help students navigate the University environment and meet fellow incoming GS students.
The New Student Orientation Program (NSOP) is designed to:
For more information please visit our websites:
- Familiarize students with the standards of the University and principles of our academic community
- Help students navigate the Columbia campus and identify the many resources available
- Present tips and key information that will make students' first days at Columbia, and their transition to GS, go smoothly
- Introduce students to advisors and important resources critical to their personal and academic success at Columbia
- Provide the opportunity to meet other GS students, new as well as continuing, many of whom will become part of a network of support while at Columbia
- Acquaint students with the history and traditions of GS within the context of Columbia's history
- Provide students with the opportunity to meet peers in Barnard College, Columbia College, and Columbia Engineering.
- Share a portrait of the incoming class in all its diversity and richness as new students are welcomed into the vibrant GS community
GS Postbac Premeds:
For questions regarding Orientation, please contact: