*For students beginning their studies with us in January 2020, ID card collection slots and induction information will be available on the app from 2 December*
Welcome to King's College London!
Firstly, congratulations on joining one of the world's great universities. We have an outstanding reputation for research and teaching in one of the best cities in the world. We're looking forward to meeting you!
We hope that you will benefit both educationally and personally at King's, and to help you during your first couple of weeks we have created this Get Started Guide.
You'll be able to create your own bespoke programme of activities made up of compulsory inductions and ID card collection. We've also created a handy to do list to help you get everything in place to ensure you have the best time at King's possible!
How the guide works...
1. Create a profile - this will allow you to add items to your schedule, join waiting lists and chat to other students.
2. Enable push notifications - we will use this function to notify you of changes to the location, date or time of the sessions you have booked into
3. Book a time slot to collect your Student ID card - click on the 'ID card collection' section and find a time that suits you. Most students should find a time listed under 'All students', but firstly check if your programme has been listed separately.
4. Find your induction - click on the 'Inductions' section and select your faculty and department. Find the induction(s) that are relevant to you and click the blue + to add them to your schedule. Please note that it is compulsory for new students to attend induction. Remember to scroll through the dates at the top of the screen to ensure you haven't missed anything relevant to you. If you can't find anything relevant to you on the Welcome Guide, then your department will contact you separately.
4. Find out more about opportunities to get involved at King's. Visit our Opportunities at King's section and add anything that catches your eye to your to-do list. If you're looking for more specific advice or help, visit the Student Support section for information about the services available to you.
5. Follow @kclstudent - for all the latest information for students at King's. We would love to see what you get up to during your time at King's so if you are sharing posts & pics on social media use #lifeatkings.
If you have any questions about Welcome to King's, visit our
or check out Student Services Online
We hope you have a great start to your time at King's!
King's College London