Effective April 25, 2011
As used in this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
(A) Guidebook Customers
- If you are a Guidebook Customer, when you register with us through the Site to create and manage Guides, we will ask you for personally identifiable information, such as your name, company name, email address, billing address, and credit card information. We use such personally identifiable information (in some cases, in conjunction with your non-identifying information, such as your zip code) mainly to provide the Services, complete your transactions, administer your inquiries, and contact Guidebook Customers regarding account activities, new version and product offerings, or other communications relevant to the Services.
- In addition, we may collect information related to interactions of End Users with your Guides as described in part (B) below. We do not sell any personally identifiable information of Guidebook Customers to any third parties. The instances where we may share such information with third parties are described in part (D) below.
- You may review and update the personally identifiable information in your registration profile by logging in and editing such information in your dashboard. If you decide to delete all of your information we may cancel your account. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
(B) End Users
- If you decide to download and use Guidebook App, we will be collecting and storing any information you choose to provide, which optional information is not required to use the Guide.
- The instances where we may share information with third parties are described in part (D) below.
- You may be asked by Guidebook Customers to provide additional information to them, including your personally identifiable information, to be used and shared pursuant to their own privacy policies. We encourage you to read such privacy policies before providing any information to any Guidebook Customers or other third parties. While working with reputable customers is a top priority for us, we are not responsible for the use of your information by Guidebook Customers, and disclaim any liability related thereto.
This section describes the information that we may collect from Visitors. To the extent you are a Guidebook Customer or an End User and visit the Site, this section will apply to you as well.
- If you contact us by email or by filling-out a registration form, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and may use your email address, and any information that you provide to us in your message, to respond to you. In addition, we may use the personal information described above to send you information regarding the Sites and/or the Services.
- When you visit the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s IP address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Services and for the Site’s technical administration, to increase our Site’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors’ needs.
The following provisions apply to everybody (Guidebook Customers, End Users and Visitors).
We may share and/or disclose information that we collect from Guidebook Customers, End Users and Visitors in the following instances:
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include personally identifiable information and we may otherwise disclose non-identifying information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes.
Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Site and Services, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Site’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site and Services are used. These third parties have access to information that we collect from Guidebook Customers, End Users and Visitors only to perform these tasks on our behalf.
Business Transfers. Guidebook may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including personally identifiable information collected from Guidebook Customers, End Users and Visitors, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Guidebook cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information collected from Guidebook Customers, End Users and Visitors to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Guidebook or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Security. Guidebook is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Sites. Our Site contains links to other web sites. If you choose to visit one of these web sites, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.